Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall Day

Here's the big picture out front.  Soon this will be green and lush.  Any thoughts on landscaping near the house?  And doesn't the house look pretty?
 Here's the back.  Can you tell how much we cleared?  It looks great. We uncovered some pretty green foliage which we left in place.  I want to budget in the fence.  It would improve the value of our home and the quality of our life--we could do a garden and have a safe place for dogs and grandkids to play.  For now,we will continue clearing and possibly add some  mulch back there to  prevent regrowth.

 I tried not to do "crepe murder" but to be gentle with our little trees.  I need to finish weeding the beds.  I'd like to take out the azaleas, but I need a plan for how to replace them. 
 The sprinkler doing its job--germinate little seeds.

The result of the kids hard work.  All of the sticks are cleared out of the back.  I'll make an appointment and pay the county $25 to pick this up.

Our end goal is a yard that is pretty and functional as a relaxing place to hang out and play.  And, some day, productive, yielding tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and other yummies.

I feel like this is our homestead...our little slice of heaven on earth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment