Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Honeymoon--Over For Now

The last three weeks were SO AMAZING!

My ordinary days became infused with extraordinary fun, laughter, conversation and camaraderie.  Going to the commissary was a hot date.  Working out was not a chore at all with such an experienced partner. Basketball games were so much more enjoyable, sharing commentary with someone who was just as invested in the success of the boys as I was. 

Then there were the extraordinary days.  Dinner at the Fat Canary was exquisite.  The best restaurant in Williamsburg didn't hold a candle to my charming, handsome and witty date, though.  The trip to DC--wow!  The luxurious surroundings, attentive service and privacy of a hotel room combined for a romantic night, not to be forgotten.

Now would be a time of great loneliness and sadness, but for the fact that I know the next two and a half months will pass so quickly and the honeymoon will start all over.  My expectations aren't for anything special or spectacular to happen.  I know the days will consist of the usual work and chores and there aren't any plans for any outings or dates.  It's just that I will be whole. Part of my heart won't be on the other side of the world.  Even breathing will be easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment